Wednesday 15 June 2016

I finally found the time to finish the third canvas that I started when I was at the National Scrapbook Day crop in Edmonton back in May. I have to say I am beyond happy with how this turned out - especially because I almost tossed it in the trash when I was in Edmonton cause I thought I had messed it up beyond repair.

I started this canvas when I did the two that turned out to be the LOVE ones that I finished in the city. I didn't have the Mica sprays with me that I wanted to use and when trying something else the canvas just ended up looking horrible (baby puke comes to mind when describing the colour it turned! LOL) But instead of just tossing it when I started over with another canvas. I took this one and painted over it with black Gesso and then started again. This is what I had done while in the city.


Over the black Gesso I had added some Mica Sprays and Inka Gold and was quite happy with it after all. Then I just had to figure out where to take it from here. 

I ended up deciding to use a picture from one of our cruises from a few years ago. This is a shot of St. Lucia as the boat was leaving for the day. It was my husband's pic as he really like this shot. I added flowers and bling to it, along with a quote I liked that was actually on the paper I used to matt the photo. I am thrilled with the end result!!!

Here are some close ups:




And here is the full canvas - gonna hang it tonight when I get home!


Hope you like the project! Till next time, stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment