Wednesday 31 October 2018

Artist Trading Coins and Mini Canvases Swaps

The last of the swaps I finished were for yet another group I am part of on Facebook. This one is called Monthly Happy Mail Swapping & More - it is a closed group and these are the first swaps I have done for it. They are also both group swaps so not sure how they are going to go or what I am going to get back, but I figured I would give it a try! 

The first things I had to make were Artist Trading Coins. They are the same idea as ATC's, but they are round coins instead of rectangular shapes. I got my hubby to cut the shapes out for me on our laser engraver, which worked out fabulous!  This swap had a fall theme so I picked fall colours for them. 

I started out by adding white gesso to the coins and then creating texture using modelling paste on them using three different stencils.


I added some fun paper to the back of them so they looked good when I put the 
necessary information onto them.


This is how they turned out - I think they look pretty cool.





In the instructions for the swap they also said we should package them nicely, so I altered this box to put them into.  I hope the person who gets them likes them.


The other swap I did for this same group was a mini canvas swap. We were supposed to make 3 mini canvases and again do them up nicely/put them into a nice package. This is what I came up with for this swap.

I started out adding gesso to all the canvases


Then I took a couple and added texture to them using a stencil



And I added other ephemera to the other two canvases (they came in a set of four so I decided to make them all and then decide which three to use for the swap itself since I only needed three)



Them I used different paints and other embellishments to finish them off. I decided to place them into special boxes/frames that I had. I put 1 in a smaller frame and two more in a larger frame. I  added paper to both boxes to fancy them up as well. They all came out pretty good I think.



I also decided to send the 4th canvas to the organizer Brittany for all her hard work organizing and running this swap group. I know it can't be easy and I wanted her to have one of the canvases I made.

All in all, I guess I was more productive these last couple weeks than I thought! I hope whoever gets my projects likes them! And I have a crop coming up on the weekend out in La Crete so that should be fun! Till next time, stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment