Sunday 31 July 2016

I spent most of this weekend hanging out with the cutest baby on the planet! Greatest way to spend the weekend ever!!!



But once the baby went for a nap and the kids went out to visit friends, I was able to get down to my craft room to play! I finished off a canvas that I have been working on for a while.  I have been playing with this canvas for some time. I started off using some extra product from other projects but then wasn't sure where to go from there.

This is how the canvas started:


But as I said I wasn't happy with how it turned out, and I had no idea where to go from this point. So I decided to start over. I started by going over with Black Gesso and spraying it with some Dylusion Sprays and Mica Sprays.


I was definitely starting to like it better at this point, but needed to add some more color to it. And with the perfect timing of my Color Bloom 2 sprays arriving I had new colours to add to the canvas!


With it coming along so nicely I decided to add some more of my new products that just arrived - the Metallic Lustre - Copper Kettle gave it a great final pop of colour!


So once I got the background the way I wanted, I added the picture I wanted to use, along with all the embellishments I wanted to add.  I have to say I totally LOVE how it came out. Really happy I decided to start over because I ended up with a fabulous project as an end result if I do say so myself!!!







So I am off to spend some more time with the grand baby now that he is up - till next time stay crafty my peeps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment