Monday 29 July 2019

Well for the first time since I started crafting, I scrapbooked while I was CAMPING!! One thing I didn't do when we were evacuated was bring any scrapbook supplies with me. So I decided to create a crafting bag for out camper. This way if we got evacuated again (GOD FORBID) or if it is rainy when we are in our camper I can craft. So it was kinda grey and rainy on Saturday so I thought YAY I am prepared. Well low and behold I was not as prepared as I thought - I hade everything I needed - EXCEPT ADHESIVE!! Kinda an important supply. Luckily I was able to hit the Walmart in Peace River and pick up what I needed.


Then I was all set to create! 


I did kinda take a bit of a shortcut - I scraplifted a layout that my crafty pal Paula did back in May at the Star Wars crop we attended. I loved what she did some of the papers Treasured Memories gave us and I just had to do the same for myself! Here are the two layouts so you can compare!


Paula's layout


My layout - why mess with perfection?!?!

I also got in some crafting when I got home, as it was still kinda rainy when we got home (and I am NOT complaining about the rain as we still need TONS of it for the fires!!). I wanted to finish off another layout that I kinda started at the tailgate crop. I wanted to do up a layout with the other pictures we took on the Saturday. They gave us a lot of football themed paper but none of it was really what I wanted. However, we got one sheet that was basically football textured paper, so I used it to create my own football! I used modelling paste to get the 3D effect.


I love how it came out - especially since I was basically winging it!! And all the chipboard pieces came out pretty good too, even though the colours were not all what I had expected to get. All in all, I love how the layout came out!


Another great weekend as I got to do basically all my favourite things! Hang out with my husband and dogs, celebrate with friends, and craft! So till next time, stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment