Monday 19 August 2019

I got down to my craft room for a bit this weekend - and FINALLY got started on my Ferris Wheel project! I bought it YEARS ago and have had several ideas on what to do with it. But when I saw the new Kaleidascope paper from Graphic 45 I knew what I wanted to do. I am also getting my niece to help me out - she is creating the animals that are going to go into the Ferris Wheel. Here is a look at what she has made me so far. I bought her the baked clay and gave her the paint - she completely knocked them out of the part they are SO ADORABLE!!!


So this is what the project is supposed to look like all put together, but without any paper or paint on it. It is a Kaisercraft Beyond the Page kit and is made of pressboard so will be sturdy enough to hold the clay animals easily.


I wanted to go with black for the base, so laid everything out and then took the easy way out to paint it by using spray paint. Worked great.




Originally I wasn't sure I wanted to use black as the base or one of the colours in the paper, but my brilliant crafty pal Tricia suggested I use black and then splatter it with the colours in the paper. She couldn't have been more right as I LOVE how the splatter look came out. Pink was my first colour.


I used the irRESISTible Pico Embellishers as I had them in neon colours. I wanted a splatter effect so instead of using the bottle as a writer, I used popsicle sticks to do the splatter. Here is a short video to show how I did it.


I couldn't be happier with how the project is coming out. Here are some more shots of all the pieces with all the different splatter colours on them.






This is going to be a long process finishing this project, so will show more pictures as I get it finished. I also have to get ready for the upcoming Margarittaville crop this weekend so that will make this project take a bit longer. So till next time, stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment