Tuesday 19 September 2017

September Design Team Project

So I am a day late, but my day got away from me yesterday and I didn't remember until the end of the day. But I did get my project done so thought I would show you all how I did it! The theme for this month was School fun with the twist of books. I had this cool alterable book that opened that I wanted to use and I think that it turned out pretty good.

I got my inspiration from this great tutorial from one of the design team members for a crafty friend's store - ReneaBouquets


(Just a note - this is the second of three videos but I am only posting this one as it is the one that shows the majority of the techniques that I used.)



This is what the box looked like before doing anything to it.


Then on the inside I added some Tim Holtz tissue paper


Then on the outside of the box I added different items for texture


And on the inside of the box I added some pencils, books and chalk
 to achieve the look I wanted.



The next stages were to add white gesso on the outside of the box and black gesso 
all over the outside of the box



After that, I lightly brushed super heavy white gesso to the outside of the box



For the inside of the box I finished it off by glazing (as per Donna Downey!), using some teal and copper paint which I painted over the entire inside of the box and then once it sat for a second to dry I wiped away most of it with a baby wipe.



To finish off the outside of the box I applied a couple different sprays (Prima Bloom Sprays in Berry Wine and Vintage Metal Tea Stain) as well as Inka Gold (in Copper and Gold) 
to get the look I was going for. 



These are some photos of the finished project.








I hope you like my finished project. And make sure you check out the video where I got my inspiration - as well as Renea's shop. She has some amazing stuff and the video shows a few other techniques that I am planning on trying on other projects!

Till next time, stay crafty my peeps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment