Sunday 2 February 2020

More craftyness happened yesterday and as I said I want to post as I get things done! I worked on another journal page - this one inspired by the awesome Vicky Papaioannou and her great blog and YouTube Channel. I find her art journal pages so inspiring - and it doesn't hurt that I have almost all the same products that she does!! I saw one of her latest art journal pages and knew I had to do something similar. This is the video that inspired me.


I didn't have the same stamp set she used, but I do have all the Tim Holtz Distress sprays and loved the background she did. I had some cute animal stamps that I have wanted to use for quite awhile and sentiment that I heard awhile ago and loved, so this is my take on the journal page she inspired.


The stamping didn't come out quite how I had invisioned, but I still really like how the page came out in the end.

I also started another canvas, this one inspired by the Stamperia paper that I got at Treasured Memories and a technique that I saw one of TM's customers do at the last crop I was at. It is a way to make your canvas 3D using the soft clay Stamperia makes. I wasn't as successful as I had hoped, as my clay was drying out I think, but I am pretty sure I am gonna be happy with my end result for the canvas, since I have to add alot of gears, flowers and other ephemera to the canvas before it is finished. I will have the basic 3D effect I hope. This is the canvas so far.



I am not sure how 3D it looks in the photos, but it definately looks raised in real life. Now I just have to figure out what else I want to do with it. I am thinking of using some of the great wings I have from my pal Candy and her A Vintage Girl Shop. I will post more photos when I get it finished.

I still have more projects on the go, so should have more to post from this weekend later. Till then, stay crafty my peeps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment