Saturday 1 February 2020

I don't have anything planned for this whole weekend, other than spending as much of it as possible in my craft room. So since I plan to do a TON of crafting I thought I would post sort of as I get things done!

The first projects I was working on was playing with my new crafty goodies that I got from Brutus Monroe. I found this site through the Design Team Calls page that I follow on Facebook. I figured since I was going to apply for their design team I should see what kind of stuff they sold. And I found a few things I wanted. 


I also thought that since I had the supplies out I should maybe show you how they work too! I watched a couple Youtube videos on the Aqua Pigments, since I bought them without even really knowing what they were!  Here is the video that I found the most helpful.


Turns out they are liquid water colours, and they are really easy to use. The ones I bought are a glitter version (they have several types - Metallic, Sparkle, Neon and then a host of other colours). As you can see I had ful playing with them - even with my hubby interupting my video! LOL 

This is the set that I bought. I loved them so much I have ordered more colours!


And this is what one of the pages I did looks like when dry.


I ended up liking this technique so much I decided that it will be the background for one of the cards I am doing in the upcoming card class I am teaching for Chinchaga Adult Learning. This is how I finished the card.


I designed these as the other two cards I will be teaching.



The other project I worked on so far this weekend is finishing off a page that I took as a class back in October with my crafty Grimshaw pals at their crop. It was by the gal from Close to My Heart that they brought in. I finished the layout at the crop but never added photos to it. The page is so fun because it has a ton of flaps and you are able to get 21 pictures on a 12 X 12 layout! I took a small video so you can see how it came out!



I have more stuff to work on so I am going to get back to my crafting! I will post more later this weekend. So till then, stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment