Monday 16 November 2020

Pink Elephants Galore!!!

Sunday was just as crafty a day as Saturday was. Like I said, I worked on my journal idea and got it finished. I got the idea a while ago when I made my first Clarence elephant to do a journal page with them. When trying to think what to do with that first Clarence, I ended up with the song "Pink Elephants on Parade" from Dumbo going through my head. I just new that I had to do a journal page with a ton of pink elephants. That was my goal this weekend. 

I started off doing the journal page. I used three shades of Distress Ink to make the background - Victorian Velvet, Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberries. 



Once I had the page background looking how I wanted, I added some balloons from the Crazy Things stamp set. I used the same three colours for the balloons and just spread them out over the page.


Next up was creating the pink elephants! I only did one on Saturday night as it was late by the time I figured him out. But I was pretty happy with how he came out. What really surprised me was how different he looked in the different lighting. Kinda cool!



I basically spent my whole day Saturday making the rest of the elephants. I was originally going to make just 4, but when making the first set I cut out the wrong colour than I wanted for one of the layers. Rather than throw those four out, I ended up creating 8 elephants. And I changed the colour combinations on them slightly so they all looked a little different.


Once all the elephants were done, it was time to finish the page. I added 5 elephants in total, as I wanted it to look like a whole line of them going all across the page. Then added the title. I absolutely LOVE how it came out. And when I showed a friend she said it reminded her of Dumbo, so I would say I was successful!!


I really enjoyed making this journal page - I just love the colourize dies. They can be a bit finicky but they end up looking so cool. And I have lots more projects in mind and on the go, as well as some crops coming up so I will have lots to post. Till next time, stay safe and stay crafty my peeps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment