Sunday 20 December 2020

TM Nordic Crop - Day 2

So yesterday was another successful crop day - and I got lots done, even with my grandkids over and me babysitting! They have headed home now, so I can post about all my projects yesterday! First up was the first challenge, which was to feature green. I started this project Friday and was inspired by some projects I saw on the Tim Holtz Addicts page on Facebook. I like how they came out!


After this was the first make n take of the day, which was a layout. Since it was a Christmas theme I decided to use one of the family Christmas PJ photos I had. Love how it came out!!


The next challenge was to use washi tape, and I ended up making a couple cards with some of the Tim Holtz fabric tape I had (they said this counted as I thought it was Washi tape when I was using it! LOL). I am on a roll when it comes to Christmas cards this year.



Up next in the schedule was another make n take - this one was a cute little mitten card that I was able to figure out all on my own! 


For the third challenge of the day, the theme being use layers, I used the fun photo we always get for these virtual crops as my inspiration. I think this one is one of my favourite photos out of all the virtual crops we have done this year.


The challenge that was up after supper was to do something Nordic themed, and this one was pretty easy as they gave us so much cool Nordic stuff in our goodie bags. I decided to use my cat Toby as inspiration and the fact that he always is trying to kill anything we have in the house that has any kind of fake fur on it - especially one of the Christmas gnomes we put out for the holidays. I was able to get a great photo of him for the layout as well. Coulnd't have worked out better!!


For the last challenge of the day - which was to use straight lines - I did a layout with my adorable granddaughter Octavia who turns four on Monday. We had a little bit of a birthday party for her yesterday and I had a special unicorn cake made for her by a very talented friend. Since I have some great unicorn birthday paper this worked out perfectly!


I did do a couple other projects other than just the challenges! We got so much cool stuff this time in our goodie bags and I wanted to use it all. We got a pack of ephemera that I was originally not going to use as I couldn't think of anything to do with it. But then one of my crafty pals did a really cute tag with hers so I decided I should do something similar. This is what I came up with.


For my last project of the night I made a canvas for my son to give to his wife. He sent me this as an inspiration photo for what he had in mind.


And then this is what I came up with. I used some of the new rice paper I got with my big Steampunk order. Once I got started I just had to keep going. I hope he likes it - cause the small little letters for the dates were NOT easy to do!! LOL


Once again, it was a really fun crop and I am happy with how much I got done. I don't plan to do a lot of crafting today, but I do have one last gift to make so want to get it done today if possible. So till next time, stay safe and stay crafty my peeps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment