Tuesday 12 January 2016

Hello there all my crafty friends! I hope the first days of the new year are treating you well.  I am so jealous of all my friends that got to go to California for Art Venture and CHA. I have been swooning over the pics for days.

But I had to settle for just crafting in my own basement.  I finished up a swap I signed up for. It was a canvas swap. I got ideas from my partner on what she likes and decided to make her two canvases. One with an idea from what she said she liked and one in my style so she can see what I do.


I started this project by painting several canvases with the leftover paint I had from other projects I was working on.


Then my partner said one of her likes was coffee, so I started adding other things to one of the canvases.  I did lift the idea for this canvas from another I saw on Facebook - I just added my own touches to it!


This is the end result!

Then as I said, I did a second canvas for her that shows off my Steampunk style. Hoping she likes both of them! I ended up giving her a different canvas than I originally intended, but I have another swap that canvas will work for, so it all works out in the end! 


My favourite part of today though was getting happy mail - one of my fab friends picked up some stencils for me in the city! Can't wait to get home to play with them!!!


Well till next time, stay crafty my peeps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment