Friday 15 January 2016

I have a whole bunch of projects in various stages of being done, but nothing yet finished so didn't really have anything to blog about. But I wanted to keep up my plan to post more in the new year, so wanted to think of something else to post about - but still in the crafting world!

I get asked quite a lot about where do I get my ideas and where do I get my supplies. The second question is often difficult because I live in the middle of nowhere and the closest craft store to me is well over an hour away! The advantage I do have is that I have traveled  quite a bit during my scrapbook journey, as well as meeting people for all over the world and as a result I have quite a few contacts in the industry and I get my inspiration from them. I also do A LOT of online shopping.  So I thought I would share some of this with you here on my blog.

One of the best places I have found not only to shop but for inspiration is the girls at Scrap Addicts in Edmonton. Ivy and Cori-Lyn are not only great ladies they are ENORMOUSLY talented and generous in sharing that talent. If you are in their area you really need to stop in and visit them and let them feed your addiction like they do mine!

This is a link to their web-site:

Scrap Addicts

This will get you not only to their blog but to their store - where you can shop to your hearts content!! I LOVE getting fun packages from them.

They have also introduced me to some great ladies in the crafting world - like Finnabair and Candy Rosenberg.  I had so much fun learning from them!


Candy Rosenberg was the first guest instructor that they brought it that I got to go to. She was so much fun. Ivy said she was a blonde version of me!  This pic I am holding one of our projects. And this was the other I made - that I TOTALLY LOVE!!



 It has even inspired me to do other similar projects - one of which I even got published!


And last summer they brought in the AMAZING Finnabair. I had SOOOO much fun learning from her. She is a sweetheart. And I just LOVE the projects we did.

This is one of my all-time favourite projects.

This summer they are bringing in Dyan Reavely - I cannot WAIT to learn from her!! It is going to be so much fun!!

One of my other favourite sites is W2 Scrapbooking! I love them so much I bookmarked them on my blog - check out the link on the right! Wendy is so much fun and so creative. And her store is awesome! And she has a great blog too - lots of inspiration there too!


And of course, my latest obsession/place to shop is with the fab girls at Scraps of Elegance/Darkness! Melinda creates the most fabulous kits - I anxiously await them every month! I love them so much I have them tagged on my blog too!  And the gals in the Facebook group are really so fantastic! Really creative as well as really great at sharing/being supportive of their fellow crafters.

Well till this weekend - when I can get into my craft room and finish some of my projects - stay crafty my peeps!!


No comments:

Post a Comment