Sunday 8 April 2018

SCRAPPY APPLE ALL DAY CROP

So had an absolute great day out in La Crete with my crafty pals Lisa and ShawnaLee. It was an early day but we really did have a lot of fun. And I got quite a bit done too.


It was a pretty packed house - a lot of crazy crafty ladies!


This is the first layout I did - there was a page contest and one of the requirements was that you had to use a picture of yourself (or you and your friends) holding a camera. Leona (the organizer) wanted us to showcase ourselves as cameras represent so much of what we do as crafters. I really like how mine came out, though I didn't win the contest.


And then I decided to do another layout  using a bunch of the leftovers from the first layout. 
And how could I not when I have such a cute subject to work with! LOL

Finishing when I did also ended up winning me a prize - we had to pass around an egg whenever we got a project finished I ended up with the egg when the timer went off so I got the prize. YAY ME!!



The next project I worked on was a kit that I started during the weekly craft nights that I attended in March. I wish the site that I got this kit from hadn't closed as it was a lot of fun to make and I really love how it came out. It also ended up being part of my inspiration for one of my design team projects that I am in the process of finishing. You will have to wait a bit to see that project, but here are pictures of the finished album.




I also won a couple other prizes - as with most crops everyone goes home with a door prize. And they had a few extras so I went home with one of those too. Not the big prizes I was hoping for, but still cool to win!!


And then I ended up with a dilemma! I knew I wanted to get an album for the cruise portion of our 2010 vacation I was working on. And I lucked out and found this one - not only was it perfect, it is a match to the paper that I am using for the pages of that album!!



But then I found this album - and it basically screamed "Monica - you HAVE to buy me!!!!!"


I ended up lucking out and getting them both as we were given a big discount coupon, which I used for the first album. And then I had loyalty bonus points I could use on this album. The best part is I stayed under budget and still got all I wanted. A good shopping day for sure.

I ended the day working on a couple pages to start my cruise 2010 album. I got one finished and the second started. I also ended up making one of my crafty pals (Gert) jealous, as I had the paper that she was looking for! LOL  My dad was even impressed with my layout. I figure I can finish the second layout today, but here is the first one.


All in all, a very fun day. It is nice for me to be able to go to an event and just have fun instead of being the organizer all the time when I am at a crop near/at home! So till next time, stay crafty my peeps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment