Tuesday, 6 September 2016

So I finished the canvas I was working on last night. I was inspired by stuff I have seen in my crafty travels and the classes I have taken over the last while. I also got the zipper for the project from a swap partner so wanted to use it on something!

So this was the first step of the project - putting down heavy gesso through a stencil to give the background dimension and adding the zipper.

Then I added the flowers and bling that I wanted on it. And after that I added gesso. I actually found spray gesso - which made it WAY easier to cover everything than painting it with gesso that is for sure!

Then my next step was to add the colour I wanted. I used my Dylusions sprays and made sure that I used all the warm colours so that I didn't make mud! Thanks for teaching that to me Dyan Reavely!

I wasn't sure I was going to like this as it wasn't exactly what I had envisioned, but once it dried I was quit happy with it.

For the finishing touches, I added some of the Dylusions Mica Sprays and shimmer spray to give it some shimmer. I also added some of the Prima Alchemy paint in the Steampunk Copper and Metallique in certain places to give it some other pops of colour.

It was really hard to get pictures that show the true colour of the project - because of the way I did it the colours tend to look different depending on the angle you look at the project.  So I also took a short video to try and capture some of the colour.

All in all, I am very happy with the end result. And I already have it hanging on my wall at work! So till next time, stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment