Monday 9 January 2017

Well, I didn't get down to my craft room nearly as much as I thought this weekend - decided to do the lazy thing and watch a bunch of TV and just hang out with my hubby!  But I did get a bit done so thought I would share.

As I said in an earlier post, my exciting news for this year is that I made a design team! I am part of the design team for Mixed Media Mojo - a blog that showcases mixed media art and has a theme/challenge each month to encourage people to participate. I will be doing two projects a month for them - one for the first of each month and one for a specific date. I didn't have a project for the first of January - due to holidays - but I thought I would finish one anyway and show it here and to encourage all my followers to check out the site. Not to mention participate. So this is the mini canvas I did - the them for January was New, with the twist clocks. Hope you like it!


So this was the beginning of the project - started with the first layer being old newspapers as well as some inks and dies. I also used my new label maker I got at Christmas from my hubby for the words on the page. I accented them with my big brush pens.


Next I added a Tim Holtz pocket watch that I altered using gears and Ice Resin. I also added some glitter in a few spots to add more colour.

Here are some close ups of the project.





And this is the completed project. Really happy with how it came out.


Make sure you check out the blog - and participate in the challenges!!  Mixed Media Mojo


I had also started a Xmas gift for my mother-in-law before the holidays so did a bit of work on the cover. Not sure what else I am going to do with it, but I will come up with something.



No comments:

Post a Comment