Sunday 14 February 2021

Creative Weekend

Got off to a pretty good start to my creative weekend. Spent pretty much all day in my craft room, chatting with my crafty pals and getting stuff done. I worked on some cards with my new Kitch Flamingo products, as well as getting a swap done. 

First up was the Valentine's Cards I made using my new Kitch Flamingo supplies. I used the glaze along with a stencil for the hearts in the background. Then for one card I used the Oxide and regular ink to colour the flamingos. For the other card I used the Oxide and regular sprays. I love how they came out! Now I just need Tim Holtz to create a Colourize Flamingo!



My next project was a set of ATC's for a swap. The theme was Queen of Hearts and I had the perfect paper and ephemera for this project. I love how they came out!!


Once I had these done I made some more cards. The first one was another Valentine card and again I used my Kitch Flamingo Oxide ink, along with my Squeezed Lemon Oxide Ink. I was inspired for this one from a post I saw on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine blog. It was based on a card done by Kim Gowdy - and she was inspired to make hers by cards she saw made by Richard Breaks. I just love getting inspiration for all over.

Since I was on a roll with cards and inspiration, I did another one - this time a St, Patrick's Day themed one. I saw one of the gals on the Tim Holtz Addicts Facebook page - Brenda Sharrah DeLawyer - had used her Jolly St. Nick Colourize Die and Distinguished die set to turn her Santa into a leprechaun. I don't have that die, but I do have the one called Santa's Wish that is just his head and I figured that one would just as easily become a leprechaun with the right colours. And did he ever!! I absolutely LOVE how he came out!



I turned him into a card that I am likely going to give to my Mom. But the best part? I put him up on the Tim Holtz Addicts Facebook Group and have gotten over 255 likes and a TON of comments about him too. I also got some likes and shares by Sizzix and a member of their sales team! So good for the ego that is for sure!!!

Since today is Valentine's Day I don't think I will be doing much crafting. But tomorrow is the Family Day holiday so I plan to spend the majority of the day crafting then. So till next time, stay safe and stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment