Sunday 28 February 2021

Relaxing and Getting Crafty

So I got pretty crafty Friday and yesterday - it was nice to just relax and create after all the work looking after my grandkids! I love them but man do they take a lot out of me. I actually spent most of Friday evening not only catching up on my TV watching, but doing more work on my Diamond Dot project. Now that I have gotten going on it, I am kinda hooked! I think it will be what I do while watching TV most nights! I have made some good progress too so far.




I did do some other crafting as well yesterday. I finished off the last 4 challenges for the Scrap Shotz Staycation crop from last weekend. I needed to wait to the weekend not only for the time to finish them, but also because I was waiting for some products I had ordered. I wanted to use the new thin letters thinlets dies that I had coming. I am glad I waited as the layout turned out exactly like I wanted with those letters (though I messed up a bit spacing wise and had to improvise - though the end result is pretty cool!) I used this layout for the Unused Staycation Crafty Purchase Challenge


Then I did the Shake It and Spray it Challenge. For this one I used another of the new dies that I just got in, as well as my new Kitch Flamingo Distress Oxide spray. My favourite combination with it is any of the yellows - this time I used Squeezed Lemonade. I used the sprays on the background, as well as on the die cut. I did also learn that this die cut will likely work better/easier if I use wax paper. It was definately HARD to remove without using wax paper. Actually took me two tries to get one that would work. It was worth it though cause I love the finished card.


The next challenge was In the Garden and for this one I had several ideas, but ended up making a card from a card kit I got AGES ago from Scrap Addicts. I actually have NO IDEA how long I have had it, but it uses the Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Great Escape Collection and it was a perfect fall/garden theme. I was running out of time so only made one card for the challenge (will likely make the rest of them later today when I go back down to craft).

 

I finished up in my craft room yesterday by doing the last challenge, which was Gimme a Hug. I had the perfect picture to use for this layout and it came out really great. Simple and easy but very cute I think if I do say so myself!!


So now I am going to go back down to my craft room and do the rest of those cards, as well as try and do a project for the mood board challenges for the Reneabouquets Artists With An Edge Facebook group. I found a great page that inspired me on Pinterest so wanna see what I can come up with. So till next time, stay safe and stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment