Sunday 21 February 2021

Cropping Weekend - Day 2

For some reason, I didn't seem to have a lot of craft mojo this weekend! Unlike other crop weekends, I really did not get a ton done. I did manage to get all the challenges done, and again I was able to use many of the ones I did for Treasured Memories for the Scrap Shotz crop. And I know I wasn't the only one that did that! LOL

The first challenge of the day was Something Sparkly and I used another of the die cuts from our goodie bag as my title for a layout of my adorable granddaughter and my son!


Next up was the first make n take for the day - a layout using a foiling technique. I used my headshot photo for this layout and at first it was kinda plain, but then my crafty pal Dawn showed me what she did with her layout and I was able to make mine look a better by scraplifting her idea. The layout turned out really fun I think.


The second challenge of the day was to do something Floral Inspired. I ended up doing a birthday card and this one had a dual purpose as well. Along with it being for a challenge, it is also part of some projects I had to make for basically an audition for a new swap group I just became a member of. Before I can swap with the new group I had to make a couple of projects so they can see my skill level. So I used the card  I made for this challenge as one of those projects.


For the third challenge of the day, I got another layout of my cute granddaughter mostly done. I can't finish it until I get some dies that I just ordered. But I will also be able to use it again for another Scrap Shotz challenge (as long as my goodies arrive by the weekend). But it is looking pretty good so far.


Once supper was done, I made the second make n take of the day. This one was a cute little card that looks like a man with a top hat and monacle. So adorable!!


The next challenge was to do something in Silver or Grey. This was another project I was able to use for multiple purposes. Not only did it work for both crops (it was for the Cut It Challenge for the Scrap Shotz crop), I used it for another project for my audition for the new swap group. I love using the die cuts we get in our goodie bags.


The last Treasured Memories challenge of the day was to do something Off Centred. For this one I did a two page layout for one of my cruise albums. Pretty happy with how it came out.


I thought I was done at this point as I couldn't really thing of anything else to work on. But then my pal Paula showed her silver/grey challenge and I loved it and realized I could do something similar and use it for one of the Scrap Shotz challenges. The View from Your Backyard challenge is what I ended up using this layout for.


So I am going to end up doing a bit more crafting today with my crafty pal Tricia, so I should be able to do a few more projects for the Scrap Shotz crop, as well as finishing off my projects for my audition! So till next time, stay safe and stay crafty my peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment