Sunday 19 January 2020

So my first crafty adventure of 2020 was a TON of FUN!! ShawnaLee, Lisa and I headed out to La Crete and Scrappy Apple on Friday and we had a ball. Don't we look like we would cause trouble?!


We got spoiled right from the start - Leona always gives us some fun goodies.


I didn't get much done Friday - other than visiting, but we had fun. And I did get a tag made.


Saturday started out with trying to get my mini album finished. I got a good start Friday and was hoping to get it done before lunch. I almost succeeded!


This is the finished album.







Next I worked on the page contest - I didn't win but LOVE how my page came out!! And Creative Scrapbooker did too - they added my photo of the page to their Instagram story!!


Next up I worked with the super cool new paper I got from Wild Whisper that was designed by my AMAZING crafty pal Nicole Wright. It is so vibrant and I loved playing with it. Check out all the papers in the pack!!


I absolutely LOVE how my layout came out - I think Nicole did too as she gushed about it on Instagram after I posted it!! Of course it is easy to make fun layouts when my grandkids are so STINKING ADORABLE!!!!


I was on a roll with the grandkid layouts at this point, and also wanted to use more of the supplies I brought with me so created a layout using the Doodle Bug paper and ephemera I bought while going through my crafty withdrawals on vacation. I didn't really think to hard on this one - I pretty much scraplifted the layout that was on the back of one of the paper packs. Still love the result though. I also got my son's approval so I guess I did ok.


When we got back from supper they did one of the big prize draws and I guess my lucky streak is continuing, as I won one of the big prizes. I did have a lot of tickets in the can for this prize, so my odds were pretty good!


Last up, I wanted to do a bit of work on my Creativation 2019 album that I brought with me. On Friday night I managed to cut out and sort all the photos, but I did want to at least do a page or two of the album. My idea for the page went a bit awry when I discovered I didn't have two pieces of the dragonfly paper I wanted to use, but Leona ended up giving me a different suggestion and in the end I like what I did better than my original idea. I still have lots to do with the project, but I love how it is coming along so far. Here is how the inside cover turned out.


It was a really great weekend, I had a lot of fun and I actually got stuff accomplished. A total win I think. Today I also finished a couple swaps, but I don't have pictures, so will post those later. Till then stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment