Sunday 26 January 2020

Well I had a pretty crafty weekend! I signed up for a couple different Art Journaling classes at the awesome Mixed Up Creative Academy, because I really wanted to get back to doing it and needed some inspriation. I really love both classes so far!  Here are my projects so far.

The first prompt for the one course - Art Journaling Challenge 2020 - was a bonus project to do a cover for our journal. We were supposed to pick a word for the year and the tutorial showed us how to do a masking technique. I chose the word CREATE as my word for the year and I had a lot of fun with this project!


I also did the prompt for January, which was list. I couldn't think of anything to use as my list, but I did find all these great snarky sayings that I have so used those instead. They pretty much fit with the attitude I want to carry through this year. I love how it came out.


I ended up having left over paint, as well as having the small hearts that I used for the masking technique on the cover project. I decided to make some ATCs with them. I was inspired.


The other course I signed up for is called Journaling Playground. The first prompt for this class was called CALM and used an easy technique using masking tape. I also got to make my own washi tape for this project. 


I had a Gorguss Girl stamp that I had already coloured so used it as my focal point of the page. I loved that the technique called for using scribble sticks - something I actually own. This page was so fun to do!


The fantastic teacher for this tutorial also gave me some inspiration for another journal page, using washi tape. I got my hubby to custom make me the stencil I needed to use to complete the page.


She also suggested using up the left over pieces of washi tape on ATCs, so I made another set of them as well. I was on a roll for sure!!


I also did a video on how I used the cream paste and icing pastes. But I will leave that for another post. Till next time, stay crafty my peeps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment