Sunday 26 February 2017

TREASURED MEMORIES FAIRY TALE CROP - DAY 1


So I have been having an absolute BALL at the crop at Treasured Memories that I came down to attend. The theme for this crop (as they pretty much always have themes) was Fairy Tales, so I came in my Alice in Wonderland costume. And for the majority of the night, I was the only one in costume! I guess sometimes a lot of people dress up and other times not so much. But I figured why not - I had the costume so always love an excuse to wear it.  My pals that invited me to the crop also dressed up - I brought a costume for Paula to wear but it really didn't fit her so she just wore the crown that they gave each of us at our table! As well, one of the regular patrons of the store and her husband are huge Disney fans and make a lot of Disney costumes, so they came to pose with attendees in their Beauty and the Beast costumes. Really amazing to see them - their costumes were PHENOMENAL!!!!



And since we were the only ones who dressed up we won the costume contest - this is the prize I won!


Of course, the first day of a crop is all about the visiting and the shopping but I did eventually get some stuff done. I started my March design team project for the Mixed Media Mojo blog, but I won't share that yet. For that project, as well as the layout I did, I was playing with the new Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks that I got. Couldn't remember exactly how I had seen them used, so the end result was not what I was expecting, but happy with it none the less! And of course it is easy to create fun layouts when you have such photogenic grand kids.


After the long drive I had to get to the city I decided to call it a night after making this project. So I will post more about day two later. Till next time, stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment