Wednesday 19 July 2017

So I finished off one of the swaps that I started during my crop on the weekend. This one is for my pal Deb and was supposed to be a Finnabair inspired tag. I wanted to do one like Finnabair does where you use a picture and then add embellishments as the "hair" or a "crown". Of course I never took that specific class of hers so was winging it. But I think I did ok. Here are some steps as to how I made it, along with pics of the finished project.
  

This is the first step of the tag - I used one of the new Tim Holtz Etcetera Thickboard tags that I got from another crafty friend. I painted it with white gesso first, and then added some texture with modeling paste and some stencils. I also found a Prima Resin Frame shaped like a heart that I wanted to add to the tag as well.


The next step was to gather up all the different ephemera pieces that I wanted to use on the project, as well as the picture of Deb that I wanted to use.


After gathering everything I needed I started putting it all together. Once I had everything where I wanted it I sprayed it with white gesso.


Then the next step was to add the coloured sprays to it. I know Deb is a huge peacock fan, so I used my Dylusions sprays - I used Calypso Teal and Vibrant Turquoise. Then I also added some gold shimmer using the Tim Holtz Mica spray Antiqued Bronze.

The final step was to add the white flowers and other metal pieces that I wanted for the tag. Here are some close ups of the tag, as well as the finished tag as a whole.





I hope that Deb likes the tag - I am pretty happy with the end result. Especially since I hadn't taken that specific Finnabair class. I am hoping to get it in the mail today.

I did get a bit more done on my other swap I was working on at my crop. As well, this weekend is my Canada themed crop in the city, so I will have more pictures to post later. So till next time, stay crafty my peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment