Wednesday 1 November 2017

HAPPY NOVEMBER EVERYONE!!!


So November 1st brings another design team project for Mixed Media Mojo Challenges! The theme for November was Autumn/Fall with the twist of leaves. And it worked out really great because one of the swaps I was in was a fall mixed media canvas. I was able to kill two birds with one project! But the most exciting part is that this project is going all the way to PAKISTAN!! The leader of the group asked if I was ok sending there and I said sure, why not?! I hope she likes it - though it is going to take forever to get to her. Here are some pictures of how I did the project.


I started the project with a basic canvas and then added modelling paste through a stencil to give it texture. I used a leaf stencil and a wood stencil to give it the fall look I wanted. Then I used the Dylusions Sprays (Squeezed Orange, Fresh Lime and Melted Chocolate). The next step was to add some leaves in black to accent the canvas. I used the same leaf stencil I had used for the modelling paste and just used the black Dylusions paint to add the colour.

After that I just added the pictures I wanted to use and the rest of the fall embellishments I had gathered. The picture I used is one taken by a friend at the end of the summer when they were camping out at Hutch Lake (a lake/campground about an hour outside the town I live in).  Here are some close ups of the project as well as the finished canvas.





I am really happy with how this came out - and thrilled that it is going all the way around the world! So till next time stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment