Thursday 30 June 2016

So as predicted, I didn't get down to my craft room much in June. Things have been pretty crazy and I hope to spend some more time down there in July - especially if this heat wave we are having keeps up. My craft room is the coolest place in the house at the moment so that is my plan.

I had hoped to get some crafting done this week, but I got thrown for a loop on Monday. I know this isn't craft related, but is life related so wanted to share with you my crafty peeps who support me. I found out on Monday that I have Type 2 Diabetes. I knew I had high sugars but didn't realize I was actually diabetic. My doctors and the nurse helping me figure diet and exercise is all I need at the moment to correct things, but it is still a serious disease and with my family history of heart issues it is definitely something I have to get under control.

So after a couple minor meltdowns, I am on to changing my lifestyle! I have a machine for testing my sugars that now that I have the hang of it I am getting used to! Of course one of my meltdowns was when I couldn't figure out how to do the test properly! But with a little patience and my great hubby for support I figured it out!!


And I have even gotten back into an exercise routine! I went back to the pool - which I forgot how much I loved. Swimming is one of the best exercises for me and since it is my favourite form of exercising I am gonna rock this!! I am pretty outta practice/shape but I know it will come back. And I even have my hubby joining me!!

And I am going to be biking regularly too! I won a bike at the ladies golf tournament 2 years ago and I finally got out and used it!! I don't even remember the last time I was on a bike - I almost thought I was gonna forget how to ride - lol!! But I loved it and since I am not really supposed to do high impact exercising, this swimming and biking is great!!


So thanks for listening all and being a great support system!! I will try and post some projects this coming week - gotta get back to my crafty space to work out some of my frustrations over this new change in my life!! Till next time, stay crafty my peeps!!


No comments:

Post a Comment