Thursday 22 June 2017

JUNE DESIGN TEAM POST

Hello everyone! So I am a day late with my June project for my design team - Mixed Media Mojo. Not even sure why but I guess my day got away from me yesterday. But I hope you can forgive me when I show you the project I did this month. I did a layout and thought I would show you what I did to make it.

The theme this month was Graduation - with the twist of travel. I have to admit, this month's theme really stumped me for the longest time. I searched Pinterest to see if I could find some  quotes and when I put in the words graduation and travel I found this great quote - "Let the Adventure Begin". I thought this would be a great starting point. And then I remembered that my oldest niece was graduation from Grade 9 this year and I found some fun paper with a travel theme and I was off!


I started off by picking some great map paper for my background - I want my niece to travel the world and see everything she can as she grows up! I even found this great graduation cap that I altered with a great tassel to use on the project as well.


The next step was to use the different pieces of the paper I wanted - I cut out and inked the globe section, and tore/inked the other map section and mounted them on some basic brown card stock. I used pop dots to layer the paper so the page has dimension. I also used some burlap paper and inked it with a Paris stamp I had to create more texture and depth.


I then wanted to add even more texture to the page, so added some texture paste through a stencil on several sections of the page.


Here is a close up of some of the texture paste.


At this stage I added the picture of my niece I wanted to use for the layout. She is such a fantastic girl and takes some interesting photos! I didn't even have to work to accent the photo as she did that part for me - very creative that girl!


My next step for the project was to add one of my Julie Nutting stamps - I wanted to bring some other colour into the page and since my niece loves green I chose these colours. This stamp also reminds me of Madison - so fun and carefree!


Once coloured, I had to give her a cap and gown. I originally wanted her to wear the gown but that covered up too much of the girl so I had the gown behind her to accent her more.


The last stets were to add the girl to the page, along with the text for the quote. And then I was done - I had a finished layout! 

I hope you like my layout for this months challenge. And I hope you play along with us in the challenges! Make sure to check out the Mixed Media Mojo blog, as well as our new Facebook group - Mixed Media Mojo Challenges

Till next time, stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment