Thursday 8 June 2017

Two nights in a row I made it to my craft room! I am on a roll - lol!!

I got some more work done on the projects I started last night - specifically the doll tag and the ATC's. For the doll tag, I did something a bit different - I normally just colour my Julie Nutting dolls but this time I did a paper piecing one and I am really happy with how it turned out. I used the Chiara doll  - as that is one of the ones I have the die cuts for. So no fussy cutting ha ha!! I had fun putting her together and I think she turned out pretty good.


Then for the tag for her I used one of the new Tim Holtz Etcetera Thickboard tags that I got from my pal Wendy at W2Scrapbooking. They are so fun to use and take mixed media products really well. I started with a layer of modeling paste through a stencil and then I coloured it black with some gesso. Next I finally had the chance to play with the new Finnabair waxes that I also got from Wendy. They are super cool and easy to use. And they smell kinda cool too! The end result was pretty fab!


All I need to do now is add some more embellishments and flowers and the tag is done! Hoping my swap partner likes it!

I had so much fun playing with the waxes I decided to use them on the ATC's I was working on too. These are the colours I used:


And the results are pretty fabulous if I do say so myself!


As withe the tag I have to add some more stuff to these, but they are almost done. I hope this swap partner likes them too!

It has been pretty fun finally getting back to crafting. I have missed it! I hope to do some art journaling this too. I have definitely missed doing that! So till next time, stay crafty my peeps!


No comments:

Post a Comment