Monday 21 May 2018

May Long Weekend

Well, crafting was not in the cards for this first long weekend of the summer thus year - camping was the name of the game! We had a really great time so though it isn't craft related I thought I would share. I certainly got some fun photos that will likely make it into some of my crafting projects so I am gonna include it in my crafty blog!!


Can you tell my puppies like to go camping?!



This really is the life - just relaxing by the fire with the dogs!


Of course, it is not camping without Moose trying to sucker me out of food!



Or our dogs being totally lazy. This is their favourite part of camping - though it does 
make the bed a bit crowded that is for sure!
 



We also go for lots of walks when we go camping up in the NWT - we saw some industrious work by some beavers while on one of our walks. I was hoping to see the actual beaver but no luck. But it was amazing to see how much work goes into making their damns. And the scenery up at the falls is so beautiful as well. We got really great weather while we were there.




And as you can see I most DEFINITELY got my exercise while we were up there. We ended up doing both the walk from Louise Falls to Alexandra Falls (which is 4 km total) as well as the walk from Louise Falls to Escarpment Creek Falls (which is over 8 km total). Both the dogs and I were REALLY tired by the end of the day!!

So even though it wasn't a craft weekend, I did really have a lot of fun. I do have some crafty stuff coming up, so till then stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment