Tuesday 8 May 2018

SUMMER 2012 ALBUM PROJECT


As I had said earlier, I actually finished a project that I started THREE years ago! We went to the Maritimes back in 2012 so that Doug could show me where he grew up and I could meet some of his family. It was a really great time - and I started to make an album for the trip when I was at a crop in Edmonton back in 2015. I had thought I had finished the project but when looking for some stuff in one of my containers I found a whole bunch of pictures from the trip. I realized that I had actually only done about 1/4 of the vacation! So I decided that I was GOING to finish the project at the crop this weekend. And I DID!! Here are some photos of the project.

Here are some of the pages in the book





And these are some of the tags - each page has a space for a tag of some kind.


And the inside of the back cover


And here are some shots of the outside, and the inside of the book as a whole.




And here is a look at the front cover.


And back when I made the project I made a companion writing desk to go with it - the original idea was to put the the album it the box but I made it too big so instead the box is filled with other keepsakes from the trip. Here are some photos of the box - my fabulous hubby even custom made the little row boat and oars for me!




And here is a look at the box and album together.


I also did a little walk through video, as there was so much to the album it was hard to take photos of the whole thing. This way you can see all the pages and the tags that I made for each one.



I had fun finishing this project - and now I can move on to something else. LOL So till next time, stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment