Wednesday 1 March 2017

HAPPY MARCH - Design Team project


Hey everyone - can you believe we are in March already? I know I can't. Cannot believe how fast this year is going already. So while I was at my crop I finished my design team project for Mixed Media Mojo. Make sure you check it out on the blog - and enter the contest yourself. You can win some cool stuff!!


The theme this month is birthdays/celebrations, with the twist of balloons. I decided to make a birthday card - and it was perfect too as my friend Paula who was with me at the crop was having a birthday on the weekend. So not only did I get to do a design project I got to make something for a friend. I wanted to use the new Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks, as well as try something different with the balloons. So here is how I made the balloons and a look at the finished card.


I started by just stamping some balloon shapes onto plain card stock.


Then for some of them I added some ink and others I left plain. Around the edges I added some dimensional paint in a variety of colours.


 Then I added some glitter and crystal effects to give them some shimmer and more dimension.


I ended up making several balloons in a variety of colors.


Then I added them to the card - the background was done by blending a few colours of Oxide inks, then removing some of the colour with baby wipes through a stencil. 
And then to add back in a bit more contrast I used the same stencil I had used to remove some colour and added some basic black ink.

My friend was thrilled with the card, and I have more balloons left over to make more cards with. Hope you enjoyed seeing my project. Till next time, stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment