Tuesday 20 March 2018

Another project that I was able to finish once I got my goodies from Treasured Memories, along with another package I was waiting for from another crafty friend, was a birthday gift for my crafty pal Tricia! I found this great site to get her a funky gift and wanted to make her a fun box to store it in!

I started off with a plain wooden box - it is actually from one of my suppliers at work and one of the awards I made for a customer came in it but they didn't need the box! More fun for me! The first steps were to paint the box with some of the chalk paint I have. I used a brown and a patina to give it a weathered look.



The next step I forgot to take pictures of, but I basically papered the inside and outside of the box with the Adventure Emporium paper collection from Ella & Viv. I then added all the miscellaneous ephemera that I had gathered for the project. Here are some pictures of the finished box.





And as I said earlier, I wanted to make her this box to put the gift in that I ordered for her. Another of my crafty pals Juli Riedel has an absolutely AMAZING Etsy shop where she sells the CUTEST dang Voodoo dolls. I already have several in my own collection, and I had to get some for my nieces and for Tricia. Make sure you check her out!! Check out the pics of mine that I have hanging prominently in my craft room, as well as the ones I got for gifts. 






I also ended up not making her a birthday card - instead I sent her an ATC. This way she has something she can hang onto longer that a card. Didn't hurt that I made a ton of them and had lots to chose from! LOL



I really hope Tricia likes her gift as much as I had fun making it! Till next time, stay crafty my peeps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment