Wednesday 16 September 2020

Library Crop - 2020 version

So the library made the tough decision this month that we are going to cancel our big fall fundraiser crop. Due to Covid still going strong we just didn't feel that we could put on the event and still keep everyone safe. But we have decided that we are going to try and do it as a virtual crop instead. We are taking our cue from my pals at Treasured Memories and we will see how it goes! Our theme is fall and we have some fun ideas so far. We are going to run challenges throughout the day, as well as have some make n takes and some demos. I think it will be fun.

After the inspiration I got from the Maker Mania classes, I decided that one of the make n takes I was gonna do was going to be a mini album using a file folder. I wanted to buy file folders to do a couple of the classes from Maker Mania, but the smallest boxes I could buy had 100 folders in them. I figured having so many folders I could find a way to give a couple to everyone in the crop and do it as a make n take. I found this great tutorial for them that is super easy!!


I altered it just a little bit, but it turns out it is gonna be probably the easiest make n take ever for anyone to do! I even did a couple as a test run so I can show people how they come out. I still have to decorate them but so far they are really easy!


One of swaps I have to do is supposed to be a loaded pocket - I think I am gonna use one of these for that swap! I will post photos once I get them both decorated. Till next time, stay safe and stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment