Sunday 23 August 2020

TREASURED MEMORIES VIRTUAL CROP - LAKE LIFE

So had another successful virtual crop this weekend. Got A LOT done that is for sure.  I am still in the cropping mood so I am going to do more today, but wanted to post all I did during the crop. They always provide a great challenges and make n'takes for us to do at the Treasured Memories crops. The crop started off with a cute make n'take - a litte sail boat. Love how it came out.

 
Next up was a challenge to use all squares - I decided to use my inchies and twinchies for this challenge, since I had just finished them off. Got them all packaged up to send to my partner - hope she likes them.

There was only two challenges for Friday night and the second one was to have a water theme. I wanted to use some of the die cuts they gave us in our goodie bag as they went perfectly with the pictures from the next cruise album I wanted to start.  Really happy with how they came out.



For Saturday, the first challenge was Black and White, and I had a couple black and white photos of me with my Dad and Grandma that I wanted to use - and I found some great monotone paper for the layout as well.


Up next was the first make n'take of the day - this time it was a layout. I even had a picture in mind already for it. Turned out great!

On a roll now, I did some more layouts. The next two challenges were using stiches and using matting. I had fun with both of these challenges.


I loved that I was able to make the marshmallow look actually gooey!!


For the second make n'take of the day we did a set of die cut sunglasses. I love how they came out - I didn't get the white pieces in my bag for this kit. But I didn't let it stop me - I added more "fluff" for the clouds and a gem for the middle of the beach ball.


We even took a fun photo with all of us WEARING our glasses! So fun!!


I did another layout next, the challenge being using at least 4 different patterned paper. I had another photo from one of our trips to Hay River. I even had actual driftwook to put on the layout. Turned out so great - I also used another die cut they sent in our kits for the layout.


And then the last challenge for the day was to use corner rounding. For one of my last swaps my partner sent me some really nice paper. I wanted to use it on something, so decided to use them as card backgrounds. I wanted to use some of my Tim Holtz stuff too - I love how they all came out!






All in all, another very productive crop. I have more ideas on other projects and still want to do more cropping, so want to get to it. So till next time, stay safe and stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment