Sunday 22 April 2018

Got back to my art journaling yesterday! I finished off a couple pages that I had been working on. I forgot how much fun it could be!!

The first page I finished was the one inspired by the rice paper from Stamperia that I got from Treasured Memories. The paper was just so cool I had to do something with it and since I wasn't sure how it would work I tried it on a journal page first. Then I just threw on some other colours and more gears and wallah - I had a steampunk journal page! Here are some pics of it!




Some of my inspiration for the colours came from the paper, but I also got inspiration from another journal page tutorial that I found by the fabulous Nicole Wright. I met her and took a class with her a couple years ago at the Great Canadian Scrapbook carnival and have been following her ever since! She posted a great tutorial on the Ranger Ink blog and I knew I just had to do it. This is the link for the tutorial - I had to do some altering as I didn't have all the same products as Nicole did, but I love how it came out.


This is the canvas that Nicole did for the tutorial


And this is the two page journal I created.

I spent a ton of time in my craft room yesterday and I am headed back down there now so will have more pictures to show soon. Till next time, stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment