Monday 19 February 2018

MY 4X4 CANVAS FOR CANVAS CORP

So the first thing Canvas Corp wanted us to do as members of the design team was create on a 4X4 canvas they provided for us an showcase our style. I wanted to do mine in a Steampunk style and I had a lot of fun playing with my new stuff. Here is what I did with it.


These are the paints I ordered and decided to use on this project. 
They are the Tattered Angels High Impact Paints.


The first step was to add texture to the canvas with texture paste through a stencil. And of course I had to use a gear stencil! Steampunk all the way!!


Then since I wasn't sure the exact look I wanted and how the paint would work I did a sample piece first. I will definitely be doing something with this later.


Once I knew what  I wanted to do I did the first layer with the black paint.


The next step was adding the Antique Gold paint.


And then I added the Copper paint.


It needed a bit more colour, so I used the Turquoise spray from the
Turquoise Precious Stone Faux Finish Paint Kit.

Once the background was done, I added all the embellishments and ephemera to it. I had some chipboard tags that I coloured using more of the High Impact Paint (the Antique Gold and the Kraft), as well as the Iron spray from the Granite Precious Stone Faux Finish Paint Kit. I used brown and blue flowers along with 7 Gypsies Flea Market Findings (Charming) and 7 Gypsies Industrial Gears and 7 Gypsies Antique Black Keys.

Here are some close ups of the canvas, as well as a photo of the finished canvas.







I had a lot of fun creating this canvas. I am looking forward to doing more projects with all my Canvas Corp products. I have even ordered more! Till next time, stay crafty my peeps!!

1 comment: