Monday 9 July 2018

PALETTE DELIGHT

Hello again everyone! This is my third project for the Canvas Corp Brands Creative Crew. I am finally getting caught up and it is so exciting! I submitted this project for March, but it did not end up getting used so I can share it here on my blog now. I am still working on getting better at my photos and such, and I know they have a huge design team so not all our projects will get used. I am just really enjoying working with all their great products and hope you take the time to check out their store and see all the great stuff you can get!

This is a project I made just for me - more art for my walls at home. I found some wooden artist palettes at my local dollar store and I just HAD to create something with them. I had so much fun using the Tattered Angels Color Wash paints on my last project I had to play with them some more. I wanted to see what other fun colour combinations I could come up with. I also had to use more of my Tattered Angels Glimmer mists. I really hope you like my project and it gives you inspiration to try out these great products.


This is what the palette looked like when I started.


The next step was to paint it with a layer of gesso.


Then I gave it some texture by adding heavy gesso through a stencil.



As I said, I wanted to play some more with my Colour Wash paints and Glimmer mists, so these are the ones I used on the project. This is what the next step looked like once I added them.



After I had done the spraying it was time to add some of the other elements to finish off the project. Since it was an artist palette, I figured it needed paint brushes somewhere. Here are some close ups of the project, as well as a look at the finished palette.






I am having a lot of fun working on projects for this design team and I look forward to doing more of them throughout the year! Hope you liked this one. Till next time, stay crafty my peeps!

NOTE:  Here is a list of the products I used for this project. 
Wooden artist palette
Wooden paint brushes
Liquitex Gesso
Liquitex Super Heavy Gesso
Stencil Girl "Story Time" stencil
Canvas Corp 12 X 12 Printed Canvas Sheet (Sand and Sea)
Tattered Angels Color Wash Paint - Purple Rain
Tattered Angels Color Wash Paint - Faux Finish Brass
Tattered Angels Color Wash Paint - Faux Finish Patina
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Walnut Gold
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Patina
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Black Cherry
7 Gypsies Flea Market Findings - Charming
Brown twine
Miscellaneous flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment