Wednesday 18 July 2018

VINTAGE BARN - CCB CREW PROJECT

So another of my design team projects for the Canvas Corp Brands Creative Crew was up on the blog today. I was rather surprised to be tagged in the post about it, as I normally watch to see when my stuff might be coming up and I totally missed this one! I guess life/work has been crazier than I thought! 

Anyway, here is the link to the project on the Canvas Corp Brands Blog that I would love it if you checked out. And here is some more on the project here on my blog!

I made a canvas for a gift for the France - a wonderful woman who works for me at my store. She has been with me almost from the beginning and she is such a great employee. I know she loves old barns and I had just been out at a local crop where we ended up taking a group photo in front of an old barn. I thought it was the perfect photo to use for the project. I also had just received my order with several of the mix and match pads so was excited to use those on a project.

I started the project by painting the canvas with the crimson paint. 
I love how dark or a red this paint is and it gave me the look of a vintage barn that I wanted. 
I then added dimension to the project by adding the modeling paste through a stencil.
 I added colour to the modeling paste using the colour wash paint.



The next step was to figure out which paper I wanted to use. 
Once I had the papers I wanted I tore them and distressed them to give them an antique look.


After I had all the papers I wanted I placed them on the page to see how 
I wanted the project to look when finished




After I had everything places as I wanted I attached them all to the canvas and then finished by attaching the photo. Here are some close ups of the canvas, as well as the finished project.





France loved the gift as much as I loved making it. And I really had fun playing with all the vintage papers from the mix and match pads that I ordered. They are amazing! So till next time, stay crafty my peeps!

NOTE: Here are the products I used for this project (go to the Canvas Corp Brands store to check them all out!)
Wood Canvas (8 X 6)
DeSerres Crimson Acrylic Paint
Liquidtex Modeling paste
Tattered Angels Colour Wash Paint - Green Tea
7 Gypsies American Vintage Mixed Media Pad

No comments:

Post a Comment