Thursday 23 August 2018

CANVAS CORP CREATIVE CREW - ACCORDION ALBUM

So I am up again today on the Canvas Corp Blog with my latest project for the Canvas Corp Brand Creative Crew. I have been super busy at work and wanted to do a project that would be fast and easy since I didn't want to fall any more behind! I always find that I have lots of scraps of different materials left over when I make my projects, not to mention some left over 7 Gypsies paper. I know many crafters are like me and just don't want to waste any supplies. I wanted to find a fun and easy way to use these supplies that would inspire others to use their leftovers. This is the quick project I came up with to show how to do just that - using the supplies I had on hand.


I started off rounding the edges of all the card stock pieces I wanted to use so they would look like tags. And to add to the vintage look I was going for I inked all the edges.



The next step was to attach all the pieces together. I used Kraftex Paper for my binding. This is a type of paper that looks, feels and wears like leather, but sews, cuts and even washes like fabric. It is great for binding because it is so flexible. You can also use Tyvek envelopes (which you can get at any office supply store. They work in much the same way and are often easier to find! I cut pieces 2 inches wide by 5 inches tall, then folded them all in half. After that I simply attached them to each tag using Score Tape.


Once the tags were all attached I wanted to make sure the album would stay closed. I placed magnets on the front and back pages on both sides of the tags, then covered them with paper.



I made two little bands to use to close the album, attaching the corresponding magnets to the small slips of the cream card stock and covering them with more pattered paper as well. I also added paper clips to them on each side to keep them together.


The final step for the album was to cover the rest of the pages with the patterned paper.The album is now ready to add photos to it. Here are some photos of the whole project.



I hope you like the project, and it can inspire you to find a fun, creative way to use up your scraps and leftovers. Till next time, stay crafty my peeps!

NOTE: Here is a list of the supplies I used on this project

Cream coloured heavy card stock
Kraftex Paper (kraft colour)
7 Gypsies Maritime Collection 12X12 paper
Magnets
Square paper Clips
Archival Ink - Sepia Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment