Wednesday 8 August 2018

I hope everyone had a great August long weekend!  I know I did, though it didn't really involve any crafting! Instead, I spent the weekend camping and taking lots of photos that I can use TO scrapbook! It was my 18th wedding anniversary this weekend and we spent the time at the Twin Falls Gorge in the North West Territories. I got some great shots, that is for sure! Check out my weekend of fun and relaxing!


My dogs are such dorks!


And apparently so is my husband!


The water is a lot lower this year - but Louise Falls is still so beautiful.


And so is Alexandra Falls.


And the water was so low we could get right down beside the river and walk along the edge.


We weren't the first either, as someone built this cute Inukshuk


And again, my hubby is a goof! Explorer Doug!!


We were able to get really close to the edge and get some cool shots


And I thought the edges looked cool - don't usually see these when the water isn't so low.



Of course Doug went and freaked my out by getting WAY to close to the edge for my liking!!


But Michelle did manage to get a great shot of us that I already have several ideas for on how to scrapbook it. Happy 18th Anniversary to us!!


We got other great shots along the hike as well


Had to get one of Michelle and I to prove we were there together!


And we both thought these mushrooms looked cool.


The boys and the dogs - not great at posing!! 


We couldn't go to the NWT without hitting the dog beach in Hay River. 
And taking advantage of the cool photo op!


No, we didn't build this lean-to, but it sure looked cool. I also grabbed a bunch of driftwood to use when I scrapbook a lot of these pictures from this trip.


Of course, it wouldn't be a Longard Camping Trip without pictures of our goofy dogs!


The minute Doug stood up to add wood to the fire, Moose was in his chair!


And he thinks he is a lap dog - HE ISN'T!!!


He will also sleep anywhere, though this is one of his favourite spots. I think he is hoping to get some food out of it if he stays close to the table!


He loos so sad doesn't he?!


This is the life I tell you!!


And these are some shots Doug took along the way when we hiked the other long trail - from our campsite to the Escarpment Creek campsite. It is really so beautiful there!




Well I hope you liked the highlights of my trip! I will be sure to post pictures of the layouts I do when I get the chance. Till next time, stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment