Friday 8 February 2019

CREATIVATION - Day 1 (part one)

Even though it was a long travel day, we were up early so that we could get over to the convention center to get registered for everything. We had lots of time as our first classes were not until early afternoon so took our time and walked over. It was so awesome walking around in capris and sandals in January!! LOL


We made it to the warm weather!


And my pal Matt gave me this great gift!


This is the view from our hotel room - love we can see the mountains.


We some some cool architecture on our walk to the convention centre



And the Phoenix Convention Center has these cool murals on the walls outside.



We made it here!!!


And got our badges and goodie bags.



And saw the entrance to the Showroom Floor


Once we got organized and cleaned up after registering, it was time to head back
so that we could take our classes. My first class was with Seth Apter



Queenie and I are all ready to learn!


And we got lots of goodies for this class


This is the example of what Seth was going to teach us.


The first steps were to add all the different layers of paint. It was fun learning the 
different techniques that Seth taught us. Using embossed paper to paint and then
as added texture was so fun and something I would never have thought of.


Layers of paint were the first steps


We got the texture by using embosses tags as a paint brush on the canvas



Then added the embossed papers with the paint on them to the canvas


Next we added stamps to the canvas


And did some doodling


Seth was great with showing us all the steps and helping us whenever needed.


This is my finished canvas. I loved this class!!


And of course I had to get some group shots of the class



Seth is a really great guy and awesome teacher and I am so glad I got to take his class.


 Since I don't want all my Creativation posts to be super long, I am going to break them up into sections based on what was happening. So till next time, stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment