Thursday 18 July 2019

A VINTAGE GIRL GUEST DESIGN PROJECT
"WHAT LIES WITHIN US"

My fabulous crafty pal Candy Rosenberg and her amazing shop A Vintage Girl Shop has been so great to me and I am having SO MUCH fun being a guest designer for her. I got another project done this week and am so excited to share with you!

I got a couple of the new chipboard corsets from Candy and was inpired to do a canvas showcasing one of them. The first step was to paint and ink up the corset. I did this along with a bunch of other chipboard pieces that I was going to use on another project.


I painted them with Tim Holtz Distress paint, and then added some other texture and 
effects using INKA GOLD in metallic colours.


And of course I had to add some sparkle to them with glitter spray!


My final touch for the corset was to lace it up!!

Then I started on the canvas. The first step was to add texture paste through a stencil. I have a couple stencils that have a miss-mash of patterns on them and I have one that was the perfect size for the canvas I picked. This way, I got a variety of looks out of this, which was what I was going for.


Then I added the colour I wanted using the Tim Holtz Distress Oxide sprays (Mermaid Lagoon, Mowed Lawn, Walnut Stain, and Twisted Citron) to get the look I wanted. I find it really neat to see the difference between when the sprays are wet and when they are dry. I wasn't sure of my colour choices until it was dry and it was the exact look I wanted!! (Top pic is sprays when wet, bottom is once the sprays were dry!)



To finish the canvas look I took baby wipes and removed some of the colour in certain places.
 I love this benefit to using the Distress Oxide Sprays!! 
Finished canvas was EXACTLY what I wanted!!

Then it was time to add the corset - and I had to make a skirt!! Candy sent me so many extra goodies and she included a whole whack of carpet/fabric samples. I used them to create the skirt - and a little flourish on the top of the corset to add some FLAIR!!


The last thing was to add the flowers and other ephemera I wanted to finish off the look. I decided to call the canvas WHAT LIES WITHIN US, based on the circle tag I used on the project. Here are some close ups and a picture of the finished canvas.








I really LOVE playing with all the goodies that Candy has in her shop! She is so inspiring and I hope that I have inspired you even a little with my creation! Till next time, stay crafty my peeps!

3 comments: