Thursday 4 July 2019

Did some more playing in my craft room last night - working on swaps and more guest designer projects. Can't show you the guest designer ones yet, but I can show you the progress I am making on the swaps!

I have a butterfly swap I am in and I wanted to create a bunch of different backgrounds that I could then use to die cut the butterflies out of. I got this new paint that is a pre-mixed pouring paint and I wanted to use that for my backgrounds. I even did a process video to show what I did!


As you can see, I was successful - for the most part! LOL. I will definately have some cool backgroudns to use for my butterflies. I just have to wait a day or two for them to dry. They were not quite dry when I checked them this morning - the drawback to using so much paint is the dry time! But I love how they came out - even the one I kinda messed up! 




I even used some of the drips from one of the pours on a canvas. Not sure if I am gonna use it as is or do something else, but it does look kinda funky!


I also decided to do a couple of alcohol ink backgrounds for more butterflies - I do have to make 15 for the swap. These ones turned out pretty cool too!




I am glad I have several butterflie dies to pick from - hoping my partner likes what I end up making for her with all of these!

I also got in some happy crafting mail - I put in an order with Artful Days. I wanted the Prima Molds and my scrapbook stores weren't carrying them. I cannot wait to play with them. I of course had to get some of the other steampunk stuff they had! And they sent me a fun freebie piece too. I really like this store - even if it takes a while for stuff to ship from the UK to me.



So I am planning to spend most of the weekend in my craft room -  I want to get caught up on my swaps and maybe get back to doing some art journaling. So till next time, stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment