Monday 15 July 2019

Well I got to spend a bunch of time in my craft room this weekend as planned, and I got a bunch more work done on several projects!

I have another ATC swap I am in and the theme is Faces. I was only supposed to make one ATC, but I got a cool idea so my partner is gonna actually get 4! I made the backgrounds first, inspired by a picture I saw on the Ranger Ink Facebook page. For each tag I added some texture using modeling paste through a stencil. Then I picked three different distress colours and blended them from lightest to darkest going from top to bottom. I then sprayed them with water to take off some of the colour. This is how the different backgrounds came out.

Then as I said, I had an idea for the Faces them for this swap so added some black modelling paste through a face stencil.

So far it is coming out as I envisioned. I just have to add the writing I want to them and then I can send them off - to my partner in the UK!!

I ended up with 6 ATC backgrounds and I only needed 4 for this swap, so I used more of the fun stickers I got from Candy and I made a couple more ATC's. They didn't turn out exactly as planned, but they are kinda cute!!

I also did some more work on a couple more projects for my guest design team position. I was mostly working on the ephemera that I want to add to the clock. But I also started another canvas. I am practicing for a canvas project my pal Tricia and I want to work on at our crop next week. But I also wanted to play with more of the fun stuff Candy sent me. This is what I have done so far.

I started out by painting all the pieces of chipboard with Tim Holtz Distress Paint

Then I added some Inka Gold in various colours to give them more of a worn/antique lookI 

And they had to have some glitter spray!!

And I finished off the corset by lacing it up with cord. 

My idea for the corset was to put it on a canvas, and as I said this is kinda a dry run for a project I hope to work on at the crop this weekend. So I added some texture through a stencil with modelling paste. I love that the stencil I had pretty much fit the canvas exactly - it is a stencil with many designs on it so I got the effect I wanted in one take!

Then came the colour! I used some of my new Tim Holtz Distress Oxide sprays. The first photo is when the colour was wet, the second once it dried and I whiped away some of the colour and added some sparkle!

I hope to finish the canvas this week so I can have another project up for my guest design spot.  The other thing I did this weekend was play with my new Finnabair molds. I used the new Stamperia soft clay in one mold and some UTEE with colour added in another mold. I love the end results!!

So as you can see, a pretty productive weekend - though not much finished work! LOL I hope to have more finished projects to show this week. And I am almost all packed for my crop, so that will mean more blog posts! So till next time, stay crafty my peeps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment