Tuesday 17 March 2020

So with the world going to hell around us I have been trying to stay calm and working on my art/crafting certainly helps with that! I finished off another journal page from the awesome Journal Playground class offered by Mixed Up Creative Academy. I have to say I procrastinated with this lesson as besides being faily busy at work most of February, I was REALLY nervous about drawing a face. I cannot draw worth shit so this one was BEYOND out of my comfort zone. But as I put in a previous blog post I tried a pratice attempt and I was very happy and surprised at how it came out. So I took the plunge and did the actual drawing in full for my journal page, as well as doing the background for the page. I am totally thrilled with the end result!!!!!



When doing the background I tried using the Jane Davenport Mermaid markers like the tutorial because I have them, but they didn't work the same. Likely because the journal I am using has a different type of paper - it seems to suck up paint more than my other journals. But I just added stuff until I liked the look of the background. I ended up adding some paint and ink to the opposite page as well. This was the perfect place to attach the test drawing I did too - I wanted to keep it as I am really proud of the fact that I was able to draw a face that actually looks like a human being. This class was really fun and totally got me out of my comfort zone. Which is what is needed at the moment that is for sure.

And it looks like things are going to stay insane for awhile, so I am glad I have my art to keep me grounded. So till next time, stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment