Sunday 11 July 2021

Art Fest Day 2 - Christmas in July Crop

So my full day of crafting was AWESOME!! I have to say I did more with Art Fest than I did with the Christmas in July Crop, but it was a fun day for sure. AND I got A LOT done too!!

Started off the day doing work on my folio swap, some of which I used for the challenges in both crops. Again, I am saving photos of that until I get the project done and will show them in a post of their own. I also worked on some of the demos that Dooreen did, the first of which I am using in the folio. It is a hidden paperclip - you would never know to look but there is a paper clip hidden inside the paper! I was also able to use this for one of the challenges for the crop too.


And Dooreen showed us how to do this cute paper fold to make usable holders for ephemera and such! So easy and totally cute - I am sending it to my swap partner.


Next up was the Watercolour Demo. Since I have done watercolour a few times I didn't do that much of it, but I did a bit!


Part of the reason I didn't do much watercolour is that Scrap Addicts had a Make N Take at the same time, so I wanted to do it. It was a fun to do - I did it with paper we got in our Art Fest box (I really couldn't bring myself to do Christmas themed with it being so hot!) I really love how it came out. I almost don't want to give it away.




Dooreen's next Take N Make was an Ephemera Folder Holder. Super easy and so fun. I love how it came out. Everything we got in our kit was so amazing to work with.



Challenge #3 for Art Fest was to do something with "Nature." We got a cute leaf/wheat stencil in our kit, so I used it to make another tag for my folio project.


After the dinner break, Dooreen showed us how to make some super cute Art Dolls - I think these might be my favourite project from the weekend. Super cute and so fun to do!!



After the dolls, I thought I would check in with the Scrap Addicts crop. It was pretty quiet and I didn't do a lot with it as I couldn't really get into the Christmas theme (maybe cause it is so hot). But I did end up doing the last of their Make N Takes, and decided to use some of the Christmas paper from the kit for them after all. I think they turned out pretty cute.


The last project of the weekend I finished was the last of the demos Dooreen showed us. This one was a Tri-fold Pocket and I was able to use the rest of the paper from the cards I just made for it. It turned out pretty good if I do say so myself!



It was a really great crafty day. I had planned to spend more time today crafting, but not sure I have the mojo. And we are going to go swimming with the grandkids later, so will see how the day goes. Till next time, stay crafty my peeps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment