Monday 29 June 2020

I actually decided to go down to my craft room this weekend and do a few things - I knew I wouldn't be able to stay away that long! I did one of the layouts for my other nieces grad album. I know I have a year to finish that one, but I wanted to do the COVID themed layout so I could give the rest of the COVID paper to my pal Tricia when I see her this weekend.  I am pretty happy with how it came out!


When I was cleaning up some of my stuff I found a couple pieces of paper I wanted to use, so turned them into a little card.


The other big project I did was finishing off a Steampunk project. After the Steampunk Blog Hop I was invited to I found another steampunk hop that is asking for a couple design team members. I figured I would finish off this project and try and become a design team member for the Steampunk Challenge Blog and their Steampunk Summer Challenge.

This is how the mask started out - it hung on my kitchen wall like this for years!

The first step was to add texture paste and paint it all black as well. 

After that I started adding Finnabair waxes in a variety of colours 

I went a bit nuts with the waxes - but I got the colours and look I wanted! 

The last step was to add all the embellishments. 
Here are some close up photos, as well as a photo of the final project.






As well as doing some crafting I also got myself organized and packed for my trip this weekend. I didn't want to bring too much stuff with me so packed pretty lightly. I am just going to work on some card kits I have. I am not sure I am going to get to my craft room before I leave, but I am going to try. I am expecting some happy mail today, and my house is so hot my craft room tends to be my favourite place to be! So till next time, stay safe and stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment