Monday 18 November 2019

A CRAFTY NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS CROP WEEKEND - Day Two

So Saturday was another fun filled day of cropping! I got quite a bit done and had a lot of fun and laughs along the way. I finished off the canvases that I brought to work on, but I am gonna do a separate post all about them . Besides those projects, I did actually get quite a bit of other stuff done over the course of the weekend, as well as winning some prizes!


Once I finished my canvases the first other project I did was finishing a make n'take that I actually got back in September at Carnival. Thankfully I saved a picture of it on my phone cause otherwise I would have had no idea how to do it! LOL

The next projects I decided to do were some Christmas layouts. The theme of the crop was Christmas and I had Christmas themed photos from both Carnivals back in September to work on so figured it was a great time to do them. I am very happy how they came out.




Of course, through all the crafting over the weekend there were draws and contests, as well as a ton of great food. We were definitely spoiled. I didn't win any of the big prizes but I still did not go home empty handed.


I won this prize in the Brown Bag Raffle.


I got a great deal on this moose bag when Candice from 31 Bags 
set up a table of her stuff to sell.


I won this cool sign in the last draw of the weekend - the TV that was first prize
 would have been a bit cooler to win, but this was a pretty decent runner up prize to get!


And this was the Silent Auction item I "won"! 
Gott give cause it is a fundraising weekend after all!


This is the awesome thank you gift the organizers got us all, 
and it included a Timmy's gift card as well.


Supper for the weekend was a turkey dinner and the organizers also provided this AMAZING apple crisp for dessert - one of my favourite desserts so I was in HEAVEN!!

All in all it was a really fun weekend - Sunday didn't consist of much other than cleaning up and doing more visiting so I don't really have any photos from that. But when I got home and unpacked and put all the candy we got in one place I was pleasantly surprised with just how much candy we got this weekend - and my hubby was pretty excited too. LOL


After I unpacked and had some time to chill, I still had the urge to do a bit more crafting. So I decided to do up Day 5 of the Supply Savvy Challenge from my Facebook group Mixed Up Creatives. This one was super easy as well as fun and I think it is my new favourite of all the challenges.


I was able to use the Ranger Foil Tape I forgot I owned for this challenge - it helped me skip a step as I didn't have to glue down the foil (it was self adhesive!!). I wasn't able to make a decent looking heart from the left over foil, but I am lucky I have so much steampunk ephemera to choose from this wasn't really an issue! I can't wait to do the swap portion of this challenge as everyone who participated did such great stuff.

As I said before I am going to do a separate post about the canvases I made, so till then stay crafty my peeps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment