Tuesday 4 September 2018

ALTERED ALTOID TINS

As I said, I finished a swap this weekend too. I signed up for it months and months ago, so not even sure I did them right, but my partner is pretty understanding - and owes me a couple swaps too - so wasn't to worried about it. It was fun making them - I just hope she likes them!

So I started off with some basic tins - I couldn't find actual Altoid tins here in town, so got some other small tins instead and made plans to make her a set of three.


The first step was to paint them with Gesso


I also added some extra Gesso to one of them to give it some texture.


I had to paint them inside and out to cover the original colours since I didn't want them to show.


The next step was to paint them. I had a hard time getting to a colour I liked, so they have lots of layers on them - and lots of different products! I used my Tattered Angels paints, my Finnabair paints, waxes, glitter spray and pretty much anything else I could find on my work table. I am happy with the end results though. Here is a shot of a couple of them while they dried.


Then it was time to make the mini albums for them and to add the embellishments. 
Here are some photos of the finished tins.









I hope my partner likes them as I did have fun making them - even if it took me forever! So till next time, stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment