Wednesday 26 September 2018

Carnival Weekend - Day 2

As usual, day two of carnival was just as crazy fun as day one. I never get a lot accomplished at Carnival because it is a LOT more about visiting and SHOPPING!!
And I did TONS of both - LOL.


I did finish one project I started on day 1 - I brought page kits with me to work on
from Byrds Nest Paperie. Made it easier to pack, but they took longer than I thought! LOL
So since I didn't think I would have the time/brain power to do another kit I did more
Make N'Takes


This one was taught by Scrap Addicts


And this one was taught by Treasured Memories. They were both cool because
they taught me how to use products I already own!

Then Treasured Memories got in the new Finnabair Icing Pastes - and they ROCK. I made a few things with them too so felt like I actually got stuff accomplished.


I made this card.


And tag


And got another layout done as well!

And then a really fun part of the weekend - I took a class with the AMAZING Nicole Wright and it was a BLAST. I learned how to do some things with products I already owned that I didn't know I could do, and I ended up with a great project out of it. 
Here are some photos from the class, along with a picture of the finished canvas.


The fantabulous Nicole!


We got do much fun stuff in our kit!


And then we got started - tearing it up.


And then we had to ink up the pieces with Tim Holtz Oxides


And then add stamps and more inking


We got messy!!


This is some of the layering on the canvas - we used Tim Holtz Distress Crayons and then used stencils to remove some of the colours.


And then this is the final canvas. I totally LOVED how it came out.

But the best part of the trip really for me was getting to see my grand kids - all of them! The younger ones are just so dang cute!! Which is why I scrapbook them so much.



It was another crazy weekend and we really had a blast. Hanging with my crafty pal Cathy is always a good time. We were really tired afterwards as you can plainly see!


I had more fun before I came home too, so will post those pictures later. So till next time, stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment