Wednesday 12 September 2018

KNICK KNACK ALTERED CANVAS


I did get the chance finally to get some good pictures of the one canvas that I did get finished over the weekend. This is for a class that I am going to be teaching at a crop I am attending at the end of the month. I call it a Knick Knack Altered Canvas and I used some of the newest Finnabair products on it. Specifically the Northern Lights Texture Effects paste. This is how I made the canvas.

The first step was to add the "knick knacks" I wanted to the canvas. I choose cutlery for this canvas.


Next I covered the entire canvas with super heavy gesso. I used the super heavy gesso as I wanted good coverage over the cutlery and it allowed me to give the canvas extra texture.


Next I applied the Finnabair Texture Effects paste. It comes in a set of three and you do one colour at a time. I started with the purple, then did the dark teal then light teal. I basically followed Finnabair's example in her tutorial and just applied the colour in layers until I got the look I wanted.


The last step was to add the embellishments, flowers and assorted other ephemera until I got the project looking the way I wanted. Here are some close up photos, along with a photo of the finished canvas.





I already have a couple people signed up for the class so should be fun. There are 4 different options for the Effect Pastes so it is going to be neat to see how everyone's canvas comes out. I will definitely post photos of them after the class!

I hope to get more stuff done this week so will post more as I progress. Until next time, stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment