Sunday 9 September 2018

Canvas Corp Brands Summer Challenge Project

Hey all! So another of my projects for the Creative Crew of Canvas Corp Brands is up on their blog today. Throughout the year we as crew members we are given challenges to show how the brands products can be used. For the Summer challenge they asked us to do something with the black canvas piece we were sent. This is what I did with mine.

To start, here is a photo of the two different blank canvas pieces I got in my welcome package. I only had to use one of them, but I decided to use both on my project.


And I had to gather all my supplies! I was given the bottle by a friend and 
when I thought it might be too big I got the idea of opening up the bag.
Even though it fit I liked that idea so much I stuck with it.



I just love the products I got to play with!


The fist step was to alter the bottle.
I did this by adding the paper in random sizes to the bottle.
I used soft gel for this and added the paper haphazardly around the bottle
parts that would show.


Next I added colour to the bag by spraying it with a few colours
of Glimmer Mist through a stencil. I also added some random splashes
of colour just using the spray on its own.



Then I placed the bag in the bottle and added some
corrugated paper from the Mixed Media pack as a band around the bag.



To finish off the project I made flowers out of the other pieces of canvas I had
 and added them not only as flowers on stems into the bottle, but around the bottle itself.
The last step was to add other various types of bling around the bottle.

Here are some close ups of the bottle and a shot of the finished product with all the supplies.





And make sure to check out the blog post on the Canvas Corp Brands blog to see all the other amazing projects the crew came up with . The creativity on this crew is amazing. So till next time, stay crafty my peeps!

NOTE: Here are the products I used for this project. Check out the Canvas Corp Brands shop to check them out yourself.

Piece of blank canvas
Canvas bag with ties
Misc Pieces of Canvas Corp Burlap - Pink, Green, Blue
Wooden Dowels
Push Pins
7 Gypsies Gypsy Mixed Media Pad
7 Gypsies Junque Pack
Tattered Angels Color Wash paint - Old Bronze
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Crushed Shells
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Mardi Gras
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Walnut Gold
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Patina
Art Basics Soft Matte Gel

No comments:

Post a Comment